More than 400 years history of Koivulan Kartano
Koivula Manor's history, with its many phases, dates back to the 16th century. The statue was purchased by Emperor Erik Fleming from the Karnaiset village in 1540. The manor belonged to the 200 years old Fleming family, which had Siuntie Suitian linnakartano. The mansion was called a tribe until it was named Koivula 1724. Subsequently, owner Berndt Wilhelm Nordberg named a mansion in Wilhelmshaven in the 1830's. Nordberg built a Gustavian-style yellow main building in 1832.
In the 1950's, the main building of its current form was hosted by the Forsström family (1877-1982). The top floor, one-storey sides and main entrance were demolished from the mansion-clad three-story main building. The house was covered with skylight, central heating and windows in the 50s.
The Aho family has been living in a mansion since 1984.
In 2011, the main building has been converted from home to hotel.
The oldest preserved buildings in the yardyard are grain magazine and stone barn, both of which were built in the 1700s.